Ten Reasons Why I Need a Permanent Late Pass
My son's preschool gives 5 late passes to each child for the school year. After this, you have to wait until the end of the first class session to drop your child off. At first I thought 5 was plenty and of course, being the type A mom that I am, I doubted that I would ever be late at all.
However, we still have half of the school year to go and we have used 4 out of 5 passes. I would feel guilty, but with the feat that I pull off everyday to get 2 toddlers fed, dressed, packed and out of the house before 8:30am... I'm surprised I even have a single one left.
In fact, I'm thinking that I should send a letter to his school requesting a permanent late pass. Here are my reasons why:
1. I have 2 toddlers. No further explanation needed.
2. My son has found his independence. He insists on dressing himself and putting on his own shoes. Sometimes I think he'll be 21 before we make it out of the house.
3. Somebody always has to poop as soon as I have finished putting the last shoe on.
4. We live in an apartment building, so when I forget something inside I have to unstrap them both, get them back upstairs, grab what was forgotten and get them back downstairs again. Easily a 30 minute endeavor.
5. It's a dull day if someone doesn't spill yogurt or orange juice on their clothes after they're already fully dressed.
6. At least once or twice a week one or the other will decide that watching Frozen, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse or PJ Masks is a much better prospect than leaving the house.
7. My son thinks it's funny for me to chase him around the house trying to put on his school uniform.
8. It's homework due day and my son has not finished tracing the path from the mouse to the cheese on his worksheet.
9. It's dress up day once again and I'm scrambling to make him look like a bear, caveman or whatever else is the theme of the day.
10. My daughter makes her body stiff as a board and won't let me strap her into her car seat until I can find something to distract her long enough for me to get her buckled.
So if i'm late dropping off to school, your child's birthday party, my workout class or any other scheduled event... sorry not sorry. I've had to accept it myself, this is the life, the mom life!
If you enjoyed this post take a moment to sign up for updates and announcements from ispeakmom.com
© Nicola Rios Nogales and ispeakmom.com, 2016. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Nicola Rios Nogales and ispeakmom.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.